101 Reasons Why Elvis is Still the King of Rock n Roll
Why Elvis is better than the Beatles? Elvis vs the Beatles
1.Elvis Has Left the Building gets 22K hits on Google
3. Disney’s “Lilo and Stitch,” will feature 5 Elvis tunes and a new version of “Burning Love” by Wynonna.
4. Las Vegas – Elvis in-depth Vegas interview.
5. El Vez, “the Latin Elvis,” discography includes “Graciasland” and “Misery Tren.”
6. The official Elvis site has a 24-hour GracelandCam
7. British TV chef Nigella Lawson featured Elvis’s fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches on “Nigella Bites”
8. Florida company was granted rights by EPE Inc to use Elvis’s image on its cellular phone face plates
9. Countries that have issued an Elvis postage stamp now includes the Central African Republic, St. Vincent and the Malagasy Republic.
11. With 600,000 people visit Graceland every year, making it second only to the White House. Half of the visitors are under the age of 35.
12. Priscilla Presley remade herself into a successful actress and looking to produce a Broadway play
13. A book called “The Inventory of the Estate of Elvis A. Presley” is currently in its second edition.
14. Documentary film “Schmelvis: Searching for the King’s Jewish Roots” will debut on Bravo cable network.
15. The number of officially registered Elvis impersonators in the United States is up to 35,000.
16. AnnMargret remembered as Elvis’ favourite co-star
17. The “Elvis Presley 6 Figure Series: Aloha from Hawaii” by X Toys.
18. Mike Powell, an Elvis impersonator from Texas, started a “support page” to provide online sales of Elvis jumpsuits and accessories.”
19. Gyrating hips.
20. A Virginia furniture manufacturer releasing The Elvis Presley Collection that includes large “Love Me Tender” bed and the “Burning Love” heart-shaped mirror.
21. At the Graceland Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, weddings cost $55 to $225, but having an Elvis impersonator officiate will cost $495.
22. A Texas A & M professor has written “The Tao of Elvis,” described as “the first attempt to illustrate Elvis’s Taoist nature and interpret his never-ending search for purpose and meaning.”
23. Today marks the release of the CD “Karaoke: Songs Made Famous By Elvis Presley.”
24. The book, “Are You Hungry Tonight? Elvis’ Favorite Recipes,” features recipe for Elvis & Cilla’s wedding cake
25. “Suspicious Minds,” his last No. 1 single.
26. The sneer that sexy sneer that only could do so well
27. The pine oaks in front of Graceland are featured in the book, “America’s Famous and Historic Trees.”
28.Elvis’ motorcycle collection is a major pilgrimage for members of the Hells Angels.
29. The National Archives with more than 9 million photographs. The one of President Richard Nixon shaking hands with Elvis, December 1970 is the most requested reprint.
30. Eminem lashed out at Elvis fans on his new CD.
31. U2 – spiritual descendants.
32. Bill Clinton’s Secret Service code name: Elvis. When he played the sax on “The Arsenio Hall Show,” the song was “Heartbreak Hotel.”
33. “Be Elvis! A Guide to Impersonating the King” by Rick Marino on Amazon.com.
34. You can buy a genuine piece of Elvis’ hair saved by his barber, Fred Stoll, in 1970. The price: $695.
35. Elvis’ girlfriend June Juanico back in 1955 still talking about it while insisting they never did “the wild thing.”
36. Cybill Shepherd still talking about her date with Elvis in Memphis back in 1972. She said: “He was gorgeous then, and I didn’t look so bad either.”
37. Lisa Marie Presley managed to put a new twist on her dad’s rebelliousness and spirituality by marrying Michael Jackson & joining the Church of Scientology
38. Elvis’ FBI file are on the Internet. Most of the papers concern extortion plots against “The King” and his bizarre contacts with Nixon and J. Edgar Hoover.
39. Among the 425 books about Elvis on Amazon are several cookbooks and “Christmas with Elvis.”
40. The Flintstones in “Viva Rock Vegas.”
41. “100 Greatest Rock & Roll Moments on TV” #2 Elvis’s 1968 Comeback Special with The Beatles on “The Ed Sullivan Show” was #1
42. The cell block performance clip from “Jailhouse Rock.”
44. ElvisPresleyNews.com top five at google.com.
45. In the current voting for the United Kingdom’s favorite No. 1 song of all-time, “Jailhouse Rock” is No. 9.
46. The closing riff of “a hunka hunka burning love!”
47. Radio Two, a popular station in Belgium, announced to play nothing but Elvis records for 24 hours in August
48. “Blue Christmas.”
49. A new musical “jukebox” program for Palm handheld devices called: “Elvis.”
50. Emergency patients at Medical Center in Memphis are sent to the Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center.
51. “Tervetuloa Suomen Elis-kerho” – The Official Elvis Presley Fan Club of Finland.
52. “The First Church of Jesus Christ, Elvis.” website
53. The Elvis fan club of Ireland has raised more than $200,000 for charity. Its mission is “Keeping the name ‘Elvis Presley’ alive”
54. A lengthy article was on the Internet regarding this question: “Was Elvis Presley Scottish?”
55. “You ain’t never caught a rabbit and you ain’t no friend of mine.”
56. Elvis still holds the record for most chart singles, most Top 10 singles and most weeks at #1 Only the Beatles had more #1 hits.
57. Kurt Russell movie debut, at age 10, was kicking Elvis in the shin in “It Happened at the World’s Fair.”
58. Recent posting on the “Elvis Tales” Website: “I am from Iran. I just want to say that Elvis is G*d in my country and one of the main reasons that I came to America.”
60. Even Ivy-League Princeton University has an Elvis Web site, called “Pelvis.”
61. David Letterman did a Top 10 list of “Things Elvis Would Say if He Came Back” #10: “I’ve been dead for 30 years and I still look better than Keith Richards”
62. The Flying Elvi, the 10-member skydiving team featured in “Honeymoon in Vegas,” is still available for hire.
63. The B-sides.
64. University of Arkansas released “All Shook Up: Collected Poems about Elvis” with works by Joyce Carol Oates & Charles Bukowski.
65. Bob Meyer is the founder of “Americans for Cloning Elvis” Thousands have signed his petition
66. Elvis Costello.
67. The opening chant of “Blue Suede Shoes.”
69. The “Aloha from Hawaii” special on DVD.
70. “The Elvis Presley Scholarship Fund” at the University of Memphis.
72. The “ugh!” between “I’m in love” and “I’m all shook up.”
73. “Elvis-style seasonings” includes Jailhouse Rock (BBQ), King Creole (Cajun) and GI Blues
74. The Sun Studios
75. Libertyland, the Memphis amusement park that Elvis rented out late at night for his friends.
76. Bruce Springsteen jumping the fence at Graceland.
77. The Overton Park Shell in Memphis, where Elvis first performed.
78. The opening notes of “Jailhouse Rock.”
79. The laughing “Are You Lonesome Tonight?”
81. The movie “2000 Miles from Graceland” proof that EPE Inc will green-light anything
82. The Jordanaires.
83. Memphis Mafia the role model for all posses
84. The Tennessee Karate Institute, where Elvis worked out, stages a memorial tournaments
85. “That’s Alright Mama,” his first 45, and possibly still the best
86. “In the Ghetto” Elvis’ plea for racial understanding
87. Col Tom Parker, his manager. No fiction writer could invent a character like that.
88. The Loudermilk Boarding House in Cornelia, has more than 30K pieces of Elvis collectibles. One being “Elvis’ Toenail” that the owner picked up on a tour of Graceland.
89. “50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t Be Wrong.”
90. Erin Brockovich has a life-sized Elvis statue inside her front door.
92. The Pennsylvania Lottery’s Elvis instant game
93. Sotheby’s auctioned a jukebox given by RCA to Elvis with 50 of his hit singles for $60,000
94. “Elvis Day by Day“ faithfully reconstructs it all
95. “American Trilogy” – now more than ever.
96. KrispyKreme doughnuts has Elvis as its fan
97. Giving away Cadillacs to friends and strangers – how cool is that?
99. 31 years after his death, he still sells copies of the Daily News.
100. Thankyou – Thankyouverymuch